Thursday, May 11, 2006

FiOS TV

I will be getting FiOS TV shortly. I can't wait. Comcast has been a monopoly in our area for way too long with regard to cable TV. They have been charging higher and higher prices. When I called to cancel their services, they had the nerve to ask me to keep service for a $14/month discount. Fuckers. They could have given their loyal customers even a $5 discount and seemed a lot more HONEST and COMPETITIVE.

Anyway, about FiOS TV. I've been told by Verizon that FOR SURE it supports Tivo. It had better dammnit. You need a STB (set top box) to view all the digital channels and I've been told with a recent upgrade it will connect right to the Tivo box. I've discovered that Tivo does have the channel lineups for FiOS so should be no problem there. Will let you know how it goes....being installed Friday, May 19th.

Holding off on FiOS Internet for now because I don't need it. But the speed is really exciting and the price is great. Even if it were a $1.00 more than Comcast I'd pick it up. Can you feel the love?

No comments: